Monday 22 August 2011

I love bookstores.

I always have. I still remember the first time my father brought me to chapters, and we talked to a pretty salesgirl named April, who introduced me to my first favorite author, favorite series, favorite book. Since then, book stores have been like magic shops. Holding untold wonders, hiding just behind crisp, shiny covers. I still get a shiver when I get a new book, especially one I'm really looking forward to. It's the same shiver I get when my plane takes off, or when I am witness to something truly beautiful.

Today was no exception. After humming and hawing for the better part of two hours, bouncing between the two big bookstores on St-Catherine's street comparing selections, I finally left with two books. Neither of the two I set out to get, but I'm happy with my choices.  "Yoga Body" By Judith H. Lasater and "Ashtanga Yoga: Practice & Philosophy" by Gregor Maehle. 

The minute I leafed through Yoga Body, and  read "thoracic spine" I knew this would be one of the books i'd leave with. I've encountered a lot of anatomy based vocabulary that I don't know lately. Through a lot of blogs, and even in my classes. I didn't even know what a "sacrum" was until a few months ago. 

I can't wait to have a few days off so I can totally geek out and get my learn on!

No comments:

Post a Comment