Monday 10 October 2011

Out of Synch? Or fuel?

So, I feel that a small update on my non-yoga life will help make the following post more coherent. 

Last week we found out that we'd be getting a puppy. We'd been wanting, and looking for a dog for the past year, and never found our pup. When we did, it kind of fell together within 24 hours and boom! We were getting a dog, in 3 weeks. This set off a reaction in me of planning everything to the last detail, and making long work intensive "To Do" lists, a long with budgeting how much I had to make at work. For the last week my brain has been all puppy, all the time. Reading anything on training, housebreaking, vet visits, shopping lists, food etc. that I could find, and wracking my brain for a name that both Sean & I would love. I had my two yoga classes at Luna a long with reception, wednesdays class was unbelievably wonderful. I also managed to get on my mat Saturday and today. Kicking and screaming, but I made it.


Usually when "Yoga" is on my checklist, I savour it like the last bite of chocolate in a box, not like a chore. I let it take over my day, and love it. Saturday was a rushed and insincere primary practice, my breath was not involved.  

Today, I did mini snippets of yoga, headstands on the bed, handstands against the wall, a lot of rolling around on my mat, some back bends, twists and a warrior 3. It would've been fun if I could've shaken my tired/grumpy mood. I did manage to find my breath in pigeon, and the pose somehow felt like a release. 

I think I'm also nervous about our first evening out with friends where we won't be drinking. It's been roughly seventy days sober, and we're loving it, but tonight we're having a big thanksgiving/octoberfest thing with some work friends, and a bundle of people I don't know, and I don't do particularly well sober with strangers..

I know this wasn't a yoga post, really. I'll update when I get my groove back.


No comments:

Post a Comment